Whelp, it looks like Easter will be celebrated a little different than last year. For most of us last Easter was spent with an Easter Sunday service together as a body of believers in the same room, which was a culmination of weeks of spiritual and mental preparation. However, is not our Christ bigger than the Coronavirus? It may be a different Easter, but our preparation for the celebration must be just as meaningful. Here are 5 ways we can prepare for Easter, even if it is in quarantine.
- Discipline. We are in a season that is bombarding us with a good reason to be uneasy. As we continue to see the news change every 6 hours, it is hard to stay focused on anything else. However, the season of focusing on the the cross and resurrection is a gift to the church. We have cause to be grateful; the grave is empty. Flipping the switch from the tv and twitter to the the Gospel wont be easy. It will take a determined effort for all of us. Discipline will be needed in order to see the desire of rejoicing in our King.
- Distraction. If you are anything like me you are constantly wonder ing how you can be doing a better job at leading the people in your home to adore God more. When it comes to family worship, this is our time. Forget about past failures of not gathering the family enough for prayers, Scripture reading, and singing. Lead your home to not be distracted, and to focus on Christ.
- Dwell. You may be asking, rather you should be asking the question how…Carve out times now, today, to spend time leading your family and home in just small moments of prayer and Bible reading. Remember to not despise the day of small things (Zechariah 4:10), and do not get discouraged about 10 minutes leading your family in worship. It may not seem like “dwelling” by only spending 10 minutes in worship, but it is better than doing nothing at all. Besides, you are setting the stage for more time in the future, especially if you begin today!
- Dream. Spend some time today thinking and dreaming about the week leading up to Easter. What worship music can you be playing in your house, what Bibles or godly devotionals can you order for your children, teenagers, or spouse on Amazon, how can be creative with your prayer time. The times I get discouraged about how I am not really leading my family in worship is mostly due to the fact that I do not sit down to dream and put together a plan. I usually give myself to discouragement and just throw something together. Do not do that. Dream about what this Easter season could be for your home and execute.
- Dedicate. You are not alone. As the church of Jesus Christ, all of us are trying to navigate these times of uncertainty. However, all of us can dedicate our homes to being beautiful sanctuaries for Christ in these next few weeks. The kids may be driving you nuts, you might have watched every Netflix show possible, but spend some time walking through the house praying in each room that the Spirit of God would help you make your home a place to celebrate the Gospel during Easter week. He is worthy no matter the circumstance, and we are free in Christ regardless of outside circumstances. No grave could hold Him, and no season of uncertainty should hold back our adoration.